Home Remedies for Cleaning Carpet Stains
With over 65 years of experience COIT is one of the largest and most experienced Carpet, Air Duct and Upholstery Cleaners in America. We offer carpet cleaning services across the country with markets in, , , , , , , , , , and . So if any of those stain removal processes don't work for you, consider calling COIT Professional Cleaning Services to learn more about in depth, heavy-duty carpet cleaning treatments.
Let's face it, it is bound to happen to all of us at one time or another. You take every precaution to protect your carpet in hopes that no accidents or carpet stains will ever occur and compromise its beautiful appearance, and in an instant, a mishap occurs with a sippy cup of Kool-Aid, drop of blood, or your beloved pet that just could not hold it any longer. What do you do but panic and frantically reach for the nearest available cloth to remove the carpet stain? Whoa - hold on and take a moment before you treat the stain! There are many ways that you can remove carpet stains, but it is to your advantage to be educated and armed with some tried and true techniques and methods to remove the top five carpet stains that can present you with a larger challenge if they are not treated with the proper care when they occur. So take a deep breath, read on and that stain will be vanished before too long!
Removing Kool-Aid Stains From Carpets
- First, always gently blot the stain with a dry white towel. Never rub the stain as this can make it more difficult to remove the carpet stain entirely and could lead to saturation to the carpet pad.
- You can try a mixture of white vinegar, Dawn dish soap, and water in a spray bottle. Use 1/4 cup of white vinegar, 1 tbsp. of Dawn dish soap, and fill with water. Spray area liberally and let soak for 5-10 minutes and then proceed with blotting with a clean, dry towel until stain is removed.
- Some carpet stain removal products can be of great benefit for combating many types of carpet stains. These include BISSELL® Carpet Cleaning Formulas, RESOLVE® Carpet Cleaners, and even OxiClean® for stained carpets. If the stain is a stubborn one, use these as directed and then repeat with the vinegar spritz method until the stain has vanished. (Be sure to test a small area of the carpet to assure there will be no reaction or negative impact from using any of these substances.)
Removing Pet Stains From Carpet
Many pet owners are faced with the challenge of cleaning up a mess (or a special surprise) from their adored pet. This can be frustrating to say the least. But alas there are methods and substances that can rid the odor acquainted with these types of accidents, and remove the carpet stains entirely. Here are some tips to remove pet stains from carpet:
- First, clean up the initial mess. If there is debris on the carpet, pick it up with gloves and dispose of it. If it is wet, simply use the blot method to soak up the moisture without smearing or rubbing. Blot repeatedly until the carpet is almost dry to the touch and carpet stain is removed.
- In the event the stain has already dried on the carpet fibers, the best way to treat this type of carpet stain is to moisten it. Then apply a carpet stain cleaning product specifically formulated for pet stains.
- To neutralize the odor and spot, you may need to try several different tactics. Try using white vinegar (you may also substitute white vinegar for white wine) to perform this action. Simply mix 1/4 cup of vinegar with a quart of warm water and spritz on the stain. Allow the vinegar spray to soak for several minutes and then proceed with the blot technique until stain is gone and spot is dry.
- Another method that can rid pet stains effectively from carpet is to mix a quart of water with a stain-fighting laundry detergent in a spray bottle, then spray it on the spot. Allow this mixture to soak for a few minutes, then blot, rinse with warm water, and repeat as necessary.